Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Flood

Oh the joys of homeownership! This past week we have been working on our Nursery (pics coming soon). Saturday morning I had plans to get some projects done around the house....luckily I decided to put in a load of laundry before working on the babys room. I walked in the laundry room to find beads of water on all the doors and windows...odd. After one more step I found my feet were covered in water, our water heater was leaking a nice steady stream of water. So I gather my buckets and towels and attempted to get control of the situation. I was switching off buckets and emptying them outside as fast as I could as I tried to get a hold of Casey at work. Not that that did any good....he couldn't leave work, so I called my bro and he came over to help me. We hooked up the hose and drained the tank but boy did we have a mess! I'm glad I was actually home that day instead of at work! The Plumber came out and he thinks we have a leak elsewhere in our pipes so now we have that to worry about! It never ends!

4 comments:

birdbabies said...

MAN...don't ya just love it? always something :) don't forget, we are just down the road if anything ever happens again (hopefully not) but if you ever need anything, give us a call

Jamie and Brady said...

Oh my gosh! That sucks so bad... I'm sorry

Amy Lou said...

Girl I feel ya... We just had a flood a few weeks ago.. The hose to our washer blew and when Mark and I got home there was 2 inches of water all over.. We had to rip the carpet up and everything.. OH SO FUN! We are living in Bountiful to answer your question :)

SMILES2ALL said...

I am so sorry that really sucks. I hope everything will turn out ok.